- Education for Primary Care
Evolving community-based medical education: integrating undergraduate and postgraduate education
Conflicts of interest
- Olsen LG, Hill SR and Newby DA (2005) Barriers to access to patients in a group of teaching hospitals. Medical Journal of Australia 183: 461–3.
- Hays RB (2007) Community-oriented medical education. Teaching and Teaching Education 23: 286–93.
- Department of Health. Practice Based Commissioning. www.dh.gov.uk/en/Managingyour organisation/Commissioning/Practice-basedcommissioning/index.htm (accessed 03/08)
- Department of Health. Independent Sector Treatment Centres. www.dh.gov.uk/en/ AdvanceSearchResult/index.htm?searchTerms=ISTCs (accessed 03/08)
- Roland M (2008) Assessing options available to Lord Darzi. BMJ 336:625–6.
- Hays RB (2007) Interprofessional education in the community: where to begin. The Clinical Teacher 4:141–5.
- Hays RB, Sen Gupta TK, Veitch PC et al (2003) Expanding medical education in general practice. Australian Family Physician 32:1036–7.
- Buchanan J and Lane P (2008) Grouping specialty registrars in practice placements: a qualitative study. Education for Primary Care 19:143–50.
- Dick ML, King DB, Mitchell GK, Kelly GD, Buckley JF and Garside SJ (2007) Vertical integration in teaching and learning (VITAL): an approach to medical education in general practice. Medical Journal of Australia 187:133–5.
- Morison S and Jenkins J (2007) Sustained effects of interprofessional shared learning on student attitudes to communication and team working depend on shared learning opportunities on clinical placement as well as in the classroom. Medical Teacher 29:464–70.