Guide for Author Proposals
Want to write for Radcliffe?
Radcliffe Publishing commission much of our content, but we also welcome proposals for innovative and important work that will benefit and help our audience of healthcare professionals around the world.
We particularly welcome proposals in the following areas:
- Medical Education
- Studying for Medical Exams
- Leadership and Management
- Personal & professional development
- HR & workforce development
- Elderly Care
- Palliative Care
- Mental health
- Primary care
- Allied Health Professions
GUIDELINES FOR BOOK PROPOSALS
Please supply as much of the following information as possible, and address your proposal to the Editorial Director, Gillian Nineham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Working title
- Name(s) of author(s) or editor(s), with a summary of their appointments and experience
- List of contributors, if applicable
- A brief synopsis of the book, describing its rationale, aims and scope, proposed writing style and approach
- List of chapter titles with a brief synopsis of each
- Proposed size of manuscript (number of words and/or pages)
- Approximate number and type of illustrations, if any
- The target market and readership for the book
- Comparison with competing and/or complementary books, either in print or forthcoming
The following additional information would also be useful:
- Sample chapters, or sample material to give indication of style and approach
- Background information (Why this book? Why this book now?)
- A fuller discussion of the intended market, e.g. size and scope
- Any other information you feel may be of interest
Your proposal will be discussed in-house and probably sent out for external review. The reviewers’ comments may be discussed with you and you may be asked to revise or develop your proposal further, based on their comments.
This process may take several weeks, although we make every effort to ensure that discussion and reviews are undertaken and completed as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if you require feedback, further comment or an update.
We look forward to receiving your proposal.
Please submit your proposal for Radcliffe Publishing to our Editorial Director, Gillian Nineham:
Radcliffe Publishing Ltd
Unit C5, Sunningdale House,
43 Caldecotte Lake Drive,
Caldecotte Lake Business Park,
Bucks, MK7 8LF